Thursday 16 October 2014

Illustration Friday: Octo-Puss

'Octo-puss' by Emma E Perry

So with my motto 'be brave and start sharing' still resonating strongly in my mind, I have decided that one way to do this sharing business is through art-focused online platforms such as illustrationfriday.com. On this 'art gallery' style website a new topic is thrown out each week for followers to interpret in their own individual way, and these creations are then uploaded for all to see. 

It's a fantastic way to get your artwork shown, but also allows you to throw out your appreciation for the other ingenious pieces displayed! More importantly, ANYONE is welcome to publish on this online art exhibition (so you really have no excuse either!).

This week Illustration Friday gave its avid viewers the topic of 'Octopus'! And whilst it probably would have been far easier to draw a simple octopus (perhaps even sporting a top-hat or monocle),I decided that with it being the month of Halloween a slightly freakier critter was in order; thus leading to the birth of Octo-puss (same pronunciation as octopus folks!). 


Whilst I am almost definitely not the only wondering mind to have been tickled by the pun within 'octopus', I like to think my drawing is a slightly less obvious (although probably more disturbing)take on it!


I apologise now for the background marks, and the colours are not as strong as on paper - but I am yet to acquire decent editing software! 


Hope you enjoy, and maybe I'll see your pictures up on Illustration Friday next week!


Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment