Sunday 19 October 2014

Oh look , a werewolf drawn out of lines!


Ok, so the scanning in of this drawing didn't go as well as I'd hoped - but you get the general idea!

In this 'experimental' picture I played around with the use of broken lines, which were then grouped together to create a solid shape. Whilst this process is rather time consuming and repetitive, the results can be pretty pleasing.

I toyed with this style of illustration during my Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (after an impulse buy of multiple fine liners), and I'll definitely be experimenting more with this style soon (yes, I have just bought more).

Below are some close up sections of the werewolf so you can see the line work in greater detail - please ignore the bits of fluff stuck in my scanner!



If you click on the pictures it enlarges them even more.

Till next time, 

Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment